Friday, April 18, 2014

R Is For Rain Dog

If you don't know what a Rain Dog is, it's a dog that can't find its way home because the rain has washed away its markings.

Tom Waits coined the term on his album called Rain Dogs.

Inside a broken clock
Splashing the wine with all the rain dogs
Taxi, we'd rather walk
Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
For I am a rain dog, too.

It's raining today and I live where everybody has a dog. I wonder of all the markings out there and if it weren't for their humans, if any of them would become a rain dog, too.

I've been in a wine kind of a mood today, maybe because of the dreariness of the day that the cloud cover has brought. I think of all the rains that had come and the markings that I've left in life that would guide me home, having never feeling like I had gotten there yet.

I know that my Rain Dog days are behind me, finally where I belong. So let it rain. I'm going to splash the wine anyway.

To Rain Dogs!



No comments:

Post a Comment